Saturday, December 12, 2009

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So I saw The Half-Blood Prince back when they had the midnight showing during the summer, and I decided that I would re-read the Deathly Hallows, so that this time around I would remember what was in the book when I went and saw the movie. Seeing as they are doing two movies, which I hope they are able to stick to books a bit more easily than they have in the past, I know that I will go with knowing what should be in the movie and what shouldn't. I am just wondering if they will be able to keep it at a PG-13 rating, because Deathly Hallows is a very dark book, well not very, but darker than the rest, and if they are going to be true to the book, and make two movies, then I'm curious as to how they'll be able to do this.

 *Update 12.14.09*
Finally finished it, and so here's my review.... 
By J. K. Rowling
Arthur A. Levine Books (2007)
Hardback 
759 pages 
ISBN 0545010225
 
Burdened with the dark, dangerous, and seemingly impossible task of locating and destroying Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes, Harry, feeling alone and uncertain about his future, struggles to find the inner strength he needs to follow the path set out before him.

I really enjoyed this one, it was the darkest of them all, but had a lot of twists and turns that you didn't expect. It really tore at my heart when Ron left Hermione and Harry, and how it really hurt Hermione the most. I was so happy to see Ron show back up. I don't know if Harry should have kept the truth about what he was doing for so long, especially since Hermione and Ron are his best friends and have been through so much with him, but Harry still had to get through his own troubles, especially the pain from seeing into Voldemort's mind. It was so hard to read about all my favorite characters dieing in the end, but when you are writing such a dark book, there is going to be death. I was so happy to see Neville stand up and be just like his parents, willing to die for those he loved. I was so proud of him. When Harry finally learned about Snape and his mother and the fact that Snape was always with Dumbledore, that just made smile deeply. Harry was so torn about the death of Dumbledore, especially at the hands of Snape and it was great to see that wash away when he saw Snape's memories. In the end it was fantastic, to go 19 years later and to be able to see what came of Heroine, Ron, Harry and Ginny and all the others, it was wonderful. Now I want a new series to be written about Harry and all them and their children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates